10 Ways to Style Your Denim Jacket
One of the things I love the most about spring is that I can finally ditch my bulky winter coats. Don’t get me wrong, I love my wool coat, but there’s something so nice about stepping outside in a lighter jacket that doesn’t hide your entire outfit from view. One spring wardrobe essential I think everyone should own is a denim jacket– I’d recommend splurging a little on one that fits well so you can wear it for years.
Denim jackets are the best because you can wear them with literally anything. They lend a casual vibe to any outfit but they can also be dressed up a little bit. They’ll keep you warm without suffocating you and they don’t cover up the rest of your outfit – in fact, they can usually make an outfit even cuter.
You can wear your jacket through spring, the chillier days of summer, and fall as well. And, yes, you can pair it with jeans. Here are 10 style tips on how to wear a denim jacket that you’ll love.
1. For a sporty look, pair your cropped jacket with a graphic tee, neutral jeans and Converses.
2. Pair your denim jacket with stripes, plaid shirts, and colorful pants – any of those create a classic spring look.
3. Stripes with a denim jacket – it’s such a classic look. Add some edge to your look and pair them with cargo jeans.
4. Make a super feminine look more relaxed by layering with a denim jacket.
5. Not sure what to wear with your bright colored jeans? A denim jacket is the perfect choice!
6. Don’t be afraid of denim-on-denim! If you’re going to go for it, just make sure you pair different washes.
7. I love wearing black-on-black ensembles, but sometimes it feels like too much. A jean jacket breaks it up perfectly.
8. Go for a new look by buttoning up your jacket all the way and wearing it as a shirt instead of a jacket. This looks perfect with colorful maxi skirts.
9. To make your denim jacket work at night, you can wear it with sequins and heels. It’s a fun mix for going out.
10. Make a maxi dress work for spring or fall by wearing it with a cropped denim jacket.
There’s more to see, but you have to be an insider.
Join our mailing list for exclusive stylings and more.