6 Fall Fashion Trends
The first day of fall is September 23rd and though the Bay Area isn’t feeling a crispness in the air, its only a matter of time when the temperatures will drop. So, just for fun, here are a six big fall trends that I am loving…
1. Super high waistlines. Brands have been knocking it out of the park with their 1970s-style jeans all year. They make your waist look tiny and your legs miles long.
2. Plaid everything, from coats to dresses to backpacks. Plus, of course, tomboy shirts that look adorable on pretty much everyone. Paired with boyfriend jeans, culottes and pencil skirts - they can add some causal fun to your look.
3. Fringe. A little cowboy, a little boho and a little sexy. Perfect for dinner with friends or a playful date.
4. Faux fur. I’m not totally sold on shaggy pieces. But maybe a fur vest would make jeans and a tee look glamorous or play with textures and pair with a high waisted leather pencil skirt.
5. It’s often the most likely of trend you end up liking and wearing the most and for us this season, that trend is definitely the poncho. Ponchos are fashion’s ingenious solution for how to wear a comfy blanket in public. This season's poncho has much more of a cape feel to it and has been a quick hit with the street style set.
6. Loafers. Similar to nerdy glasses, these shoes are both smart, chic and super comfortable. Plus, they’re equally well suited for work or play.